Skip to main content

How a 13 year old changed 'Impossible' to 'I'm Possible'

 Sparsh Shah wants to show people how they can transcend every difficulty that comes their way in life and how they can start a chain reaction to be a guide for other people who want to turn their life around as well.

Sparsh is a 13-year old child prodigy, singer / song writer / rapper born with brittle bones (130 + fractures), but an unbreakable spirit. He became a worldwide internet sensation with his Purhythm versions of Eminem covers. He aspired to inspire and sing in front of a billion people one day.

Sparsh has been learning Hindustani classical music for the last seven-and-a-half years and American vocal music for the last three years. Sparsh is multi-talented. He performs at community events and has appeared on local radio stations and television shows, besides hosting shows as an MC.


So, what you just heard were some of the eleven longest words in the English dictionary. Such complex words, right?

Well, just as these words are complex, so has my own life been. And although seemingly difficult things, such as memorizing long and complex words and numbers, are simple for me, seemingly simple things, such as standing and bearing weight, are impossible for me. That because I wasn’t like any other newborn baby. I was born with ontogenesis imperfect, a rare, incurable genetic disorder that causes a person’s bones to be extremely fragile.

So I guess you can call me Mr. Glass now. During my birth I had over 35 fractures and was taken immediately to the intensive care unit. These were the sounds that used to resonate throughout the hospital, because I was desperately clinging on to my life. The doctors gave me the very bleak prognosis that Id only live for a day or two. But due to God’s grace and the support of my parents and their never-say-die attitude, I survived. In fact.
 
Thank you.



But anyways, no more sob stories, because that not what I want to talk to you about today. Now what do you see in the slide in the back?

Can you tell me?

That exactly what I want to share with you all today: how I turned the word impossible into I’m possible in my life by following four simple steps. Step one: Find your passion. Despite the fact that I did live a very rough life for the first few years, God opened a new door to it that would become my passion and change my life forever. And that was music.

Music has had a tremendous impact on me, both physically and emotionally. I started singing ever since I could speak. In fact, I even used to correct my parents when they were singing off-key by saying, Mom, dad. You’re not singing right. At the tender age of six, my parents enrolled me into Indian classical vocal training. Much later on, I also started taking American vocal lessons, therefore helping to increase my versatility as a singer.

But I found my true calling as an artist at the age of ten when I wrote my first song: This love will never fade. Since then, I’ve written 11 more songs. Two: Never hold yourself back. One day, I came across an amazing rap song many of you may have heard of: Not Afraid, by none other than Eminem, also known as Slim Shady. This song struck my chords and was so inspirational to me that I could not hold myself back.


And I decided that I had to go out there and make a cover of it myself. (Chuckles) Who knew that the boy with slim chances of survival would go on to sing Slim Shady songs one day. But wait, there’s more. I didn’t just rap the song like any other person. First of all, I’m not a fan of profanity, so I decided to make my rapper name: Purhythm. In other words, I’m clean, no curses, but I’m still all about the rhythm!

I also added my own touch of Indian classical music to the song which is part of a new music genre that I want to pioneer called raga rap, or the fusion  of seemingly polar opposites: Indian classical music and hip-hop. I know right now to some of you the idea may sound completely crazy, but trust me, in the end the result is beautiful. To my pleasant surprise, the cover blew up all over the Internet and it became a worldwide phenomenon.

I received praises from some of the most famous celebrities out there, and today the cover has gotten over 55 million views, and counting, on all social media sites so far. And because I decided that I would not hold myself back and instead decide to go out and display my musical talent to the world, I was able to achieve these among many other achievements that I’ve been very blessed to have achieved to this day. Step three: Help others.

Now I’ve been singing pro bono for various nonprofit organizations, and by now I’ve helped to raise at least half a million dollars for them. Yes, that is American dollars by the way. Because I know were in India right now, so...

But I believe that the biggest satisfaction for all of us is when we get to help change someone else’s life for the better. Doesn’t it give us such an immense amount of gratitude?

For example, I was once contacted by a family who had a child with brittle bones just like me. He was about to go into surgery, and was very nervous. But his parents reached out to me, and we had a Face Time call which went very well. On the day of the surgery, his parents sent us this pic with a smiling Xavier going into the surgery without any fear. Last but not least: Dream big. None of this would have ever happened if I had not dreamed big. But my ultimate goal as a musician is still to one day perform in front of a billion.

Yes, you heard me right - a billion people one day. I want to leave my footprints - or rather track prints -
into the sand of legacies so deep not even a tsunami can erase it. And I firmly believe that every one of us here should strive for such big goals. I mean, don’t you all want to be remembered.

when you leave this earth?

I also have many plans for my life in the future, especially in my musical career. I want to join an online bachelor’s degree course in music at the age of 13, come up with many original albums, win a Grammy Award one day, and most importantly, sparse everyone hearts all over the world.

I promise you. Yeah. So, where was I? Sparshing everyone hearts, right?

I want to spread the message that no matter what happens in your life, you should never ever give up on your passion. Everyone in this world goes through struggles of some sort, and I know, because I for one have to deal with constant fractures and lots of pain. But I believe that if I can turn impossible into I’m possible in my life, you can too. If you can believe it, you can achieve it. And I firmly believe that if you push forward and have faith you will make it big anywhere in life. Thank you so much.

But wait up, before you guys do a standing ovation, it’s not over yet, because I’d like to leave you all with a very special gift from me to you. This is my rendition of raga rap in Eminem’s Not Afraid- Purhythm style. So, thank you again.  I’m not afraid to take a stand. Everybody, come take my hand. Walk this road together, through the storm. Whatever weather, cold or warm. Just letting you know that you’re not alone.

Holler if you feel like you’ve been down the same road. It’s been a ride I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one. Now some of you might still be in that place. If you’re trying to get out, just follow me I’ll get you there, I promise. You can try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay You won’t take the sting out these words before I say cause ant no way I’m a let you stop me from cousin mayhem
When I say I’m a do something I do it I don’t give a damn what you think I’m do in this for me. Forget the world, feed it beans Its gassed up if it thinks its stopping me. I’m a be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly all those who look down on me I’m tear in down your balcony!

No if, ands or buts, don’t try to ask him why or how can he. From Infinite down to the last Relapse album. He’s still fretting, whether he’s on salary paid hourly. Until he bows down or he freaks his bowels out of him. Whichever comes first for better or worse. He’s married to the game like a present for Christmas but his gift is a curse, forget the Earth. He’s got the urge to pull himself from the dirt
and curse the whole universe! 

I’m not afraid to take a stand. Everybody, come take my hand. Well walk this road together through the storm. Whatever weather, cold or warm. Just letting you know that you’re not alone.  For all you hip-hop fans. If you know the lyrics, sing along. Ready?

Cause I just can’t keep living this way. So starting today I’m breaking out of this cage I’m standing up, I’m a face my demons I’m manning up, I’m a hold my ground I’ve had enough, now I’m so fed up. Time to put my life back together right now. It was my decision to get clean I did it for me admittedly, I probably did it subliminally for you. So I could come back a brand new me you helped see me through
And don’t even realize what you did, believe me, you!

I’ve been through the wringer. But they could do little to the peace fingers I think I got a tear in my eye, I feel like the king of my world. Haters can make like bees with no stingers and drop dead No more beef flingers, no more drama from now. Wanna promise to focus solely. On handling my responsibilities as a brother so I solemnly swear to always treat this roof like my brother and raise it
You couldn’t lift a single shingle on it!

Cause the way I feel I’m strong enough to go to the gym or the fitness club. And go lift a 100-pounder up, cause I’m raising the bar I' d shoot for the moon but too busy gazing at stars I feel amazing I’m not afraid. Walk this road together, through the storm. Whatever weather, cold or warm. Just letting you know that you’re not alone. Holler if you feel like you’ve been down the same road.




Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Tasty Salad + Salad Dressing Every Time

 Let me show you how to make a healthy scrumptious salad and yummy nutritious homemade salad dressing every time. No more wasting food on recipes that suck! Buckle up, this master class in cooking will get you sizzling, in a smart and sensible fashion of course. First, we eat. Then, we do everything else. I'm not drooling, you are! Is it just me or does this meal look more scrumptious because I'm on a diet? I like people who love to eat. They’re the best kind of people in the world. Live, love, eat. Made with love. To live a full life, you have to fill your stomach first. Carbs might be my soulmate.

Most Dangerous Ways To School | NICARAGUA

 Every morning, the three sisters Julia, Yulissa and Kenya climb into their dugout in order to row to school. They live on the east coast of Nicaragua, one of the world’s poorest countries, and the youngest of them has just turned five; the oldest is nine. They row across the Rio Escondido. Not only is it one of the largest rivers in the country, it is simultaneously one of the most dangerous routes to school. While they have to watch out for snakes lurking in the trees over the river, the three sisters also struggle against the current and must ensure the dugout does not fill up with water - because it has multiples holes and could sink at any minute. Other classmates do not necessarily have it easier, because they live far from the river, and their journey to school takes them through the deep jungle. One of these classmates is 11-year-old Greyven. His daily trip di lui takes him through the so-called 'snake field', in which coral snakes and the infamous boa constrictor resid

Wu Zetian (Chinese History Documentary) | Timeline

 She’s probably the most controversial woman in Chinese history - Wu Zetian, who rose from lowly concubine to become the only woman in all Chinese history to dare to take the title "Emperor" Since her death 1,300 years ago, Wu Zetian has been remembered as a callous tyrant, who brought calamity to China. But now, extraordinary new discoveries are revealing a very different picture of her reign of her. As archaeologists investigate hidden tombs, spectacular pagodas, gigantic palaces and priceless treasures from her time, they are uncovering a very different story of China’s female Emperor, her skills and her empire. Wu Zetian’s China was a military, economic and cultural superpower, whose influence stretched from the edge of the Mediterranean to Japan and India. Recent discoveries reveal the wealth and stability of her reign de ella, and point to her skills de ella as a politician and a leader. But they also provide tantalizing new evidence of the cruelty and violence at her h

exactly is the goop inside a lava lamp

 Couple of tips.  For color, use  aniline dye.  I think it can be had for use as candle colorant.  probably find it on sleazebay.  You want a dye that mixes with the paraffin and not a pigment which consists of solid particles suspended in oil.  Second, to adjust the specific gravity, look into gauge fluid.   as in manometer fluid.  It is available in specific gravities from about 0.5 to 4.3.  These are chlorinated hydrocarbons but since they don't evaporate (if they did, they'd mess up the calibration of the manometer), there is no chemophobia concern.  The 4.3 stuff is really weird.  It has a viscosity similar to water but is so heavy that one might think there is mercury in the bottle. Hello and welcome to No Effort November, a series of videos for the month of November in which it is becoming increasingly obvious the title is a misnomer. Today’s video is about lava lamps! Yes, those things that hang out in the set unceremoniously. Just doing’ their globular thing. Speaking

A Scary Truth Behind the Original Bible Story

 In this Book, Paul documents the links within the Sumerian creation account: The word Annunaki, he explains, means “Those who came from the heavens to Earth,” a phrase that made clear their extraterrestrial origins. Many of the world’s oldest mythologies claim that governance over human society began with dominance over human beings being established by superior beings or “gods.” And then the job of ruler ship gets handed over at a later stage to human governors or Kings .. The Bible originated from the ancient Sumerian text. Text found with the same story. Pre-dating the Biblical accounts by thousands of years. Documenting Ancient Aliens. The Sumerian story begins with the rulers coming down from the heavens. And the glyph for these rulers is a symbol pointing to the sky! The Annunaki were from the heavens. They were sky people! - WHY ARE WE HERE? A Scary Truth Behind the Original Bible Story | Full Documentary I’ve been a preacher for more than 30 years, I’ve studied and taught thro

Dada Gunamuktananda | TEDxNoosa 2014

 Dada Gunamuktananda: Yogi and Meditation Teacher Bio: Dada Gunamuktananda has trained in meditation, yoga and natural health sciences in Australia, the Philippines and India. He has been a meditation teacher of Ananda Marga since 1995 and has taught and lectured on meditation in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Far East. Title: Consciousness: The Final Frontier Synopsis: The exploration of inner space, our own consciousness, is ultimately connected to our discovery of outer space. Just as the world becomes a smaller place with increase in communication and transport technology, so the universe becomes a smaller place with the increase in meditation technology! In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are b

How The Law Of Attraction Really Works | Dan Lok

As A Sales Professional, Business Owner, And Entrepreneur, Your Sales And Income Will Only Get Better When You Get Better.  Most people want to know how the law of attraction really works, because they think it will magically give them success and abundance. That’s not the truth. And that's why in this video, Dan Lok breaks down how the law of attraction really works and how to use it to create the life you desire for yourself and your loved ones.  Have you seen the movie The Secret or have you read the book The Secret? Now maybe you have heard of the Law of Attraction and you wonder exactly what it is and you wonder, does this actually work? Does the Law of Attraction work? You see, believe it or not, Law of Attractions not some complicated, magical ritual or some mysterious, ancient secret, it’s actually very, very simple. I want you to think of like gravity is an unchanging law of the universe, gravity. When I throw something in the air, it will drop to the ground. When you jump

25 Most Medieval Towns of Europe

25 Most Beautiful Medieval Towns of Europe  When planning a vacation to Europe, some of the first destinations that come to mind will be the teeming cities of Paris, London or Rome. Each of these metropolises is incredible, but they are far from all that Europe has to offer. By exploring some of the small towns across the continent, it is possible to see a more authentic, traditional side to Europe.  Here’s a look at the most beautiful medieval towns of Europe: When planning a vacation to Europe, some of the first destinations that come to mind will be the teeming cities of Paris, London or Rome. Each of these metropolises is incredible, but they are far from all that Europe has to offer. By exploring some of the small towns across the continent, it is possible to see a more authentic, traditional side to Europe. Here’s a look at the most beautiful medieval towns of Europe: Number 25. Gerona. This elegant, provincial capital features a beautiful walled medieval quarter, with narrow cob

1453 - Ottoman Wars DOCUMENTARY

 The Eastern Roman Empire was under constant Ottoman pressure ever since the new conquerors appeared in the Anatolia. Although the Ottomans tried to take Constantinople on a number of occasions, they had to lift the siege of the city due to the Crusades of Varna and Nicopolis, the Timurid Invasion and the battle of Ankara, and the Interregnum period that happened after their Sultan Bayezid was taken hostage by Timur. However, after the victories at the battles of Varna (1444) and 2nd Kosovo (1448) against the crusaders of Wladyslaw III and John Hunyadi , the road to Constantinople was open and the new sultan Mehmed II set his sight on the city of the Roman emperors ... The Ottoman Empire attempted to besiege Constantinople and end the Byzantine Empire on a half-dozen occasions. But these sieges were interrupted by the Crusades, civil wars, rebellions and the invasion of Timor. However by the middle of the 15th century, the Ottomans consolidated their territory and finally entered a per